Monday, August 31, 2009

Livingstone Antiques

This past month I visited the FMIL in her quaint little town of Huntingdon, PA. I begged the fiance to come with me to the "shopping district" so I could check out the second hand shops. I knew that I would find something great in a town with such charm. This is how I stumbled upon Livingstone Antiques. It is off of Washington St., in Huntingdon, PA and we almost didn't go in. The store was on the 2nd floor of the building and we weren't sure if we wanted to go up. Luckily the shop owner was smart and left all sorts of goodies, like vintage handkerchiefs, on the stairs to entice us in.

I was so happy I decided to go up. The place was huge! And it was full of great lovely, antiques, and vintage finds. Her store was full of stuff, I wonder how the poor woman keeps track of it all. She had a lovely vintage hat section showcasing hats from the 20's and on. Jewelry, clothes, housewares, sewing notions...literally anything you could think of.

The best part of the store was a room of the store that was converted into a castle for the kiddies to play in and keep them occupied and away from all the antiques, which I thought was a great idea. She often does plays and other productions within the space as well. She also offers upholstery services for antique furniture.

The place was amazing and I plan to make it a ritual to bring something back from her store every time we go up to visit the in-laws.

Here a few things I took home: A set of pink floral aluminum trays, some vintage spools and buttons, vintage handkerchiefs, and 2 brooches.




Livingstone Antiques
700 Washington St.
Huntingdon, PA 16652

No comments:

Post a Comment