Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wedding: Apples to Apples

Can you guess what our theme for the wedding is?! Granny Smith Apples! I got the idea one day when we were talking about how old ladyish my name is. And that my lastname will eventually become Smith, so one day I may very well be Granny Agnes Smith :P Plus, I've always had a thing for apples and chartreuse so it all just worked out in the end. I cleaned out my local Dollar Tree of all their plastic apples. You can also order them in bulk by calling their distributing warehouse which is conveniently located in Chesapeake, VA.

This is my final color palette. Which I just noticed are the same colors as our current bedroom. I guess I just really love those colors :)

Also, we met with our Pastor today so it looks like our date will be in mid-August June of next year. I don't want to post the actual date until we have booked the reception area as well. I am really excited about one prospective reception site, but I'll have to keep that a secret too until we book it (I don't want to jinx it).

In other event planning news, my big sister's baby shower is this weekend! The bestie and I will be doing a bake fest this weekend since I am making the favors by hand. So be sure to check back for pics of how the event went, pics of how my handmade baby gifts turned out, and maybe a surprise freebie for you readers? Stay tuned yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment