Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby shower handmade gifts

My sister's baby shower was this past Sunday, so I can finally share with you the things I've been making! First off, I made her a nursing coverlette, complete with pacifier clip. Ironcially, she requested a coverlette from me after I had already decided to make one, so I guess I know my sister well. It was a really easy tutorial to follow and it came out great.

I also made a few small things in the same coordinating IKEA Fabler fabric: some baby booties, soft blocks, burp cloth, and bunting to be hung in the nursery. The baby booties were a bit confusing at first and I had to rip out a few seams a couple of times, but in the end I figured it out and I think they are adorable.

For the soft blocks I added little cat toys inside from the Dollar Tree, so they jingle when baby plays with them :)

The burp cloth was simple enough with a pattern I drew myself. I used a terry cloth towel from the Dollar Tree on one side and the Fabler fabric on the other.

The bestie and I did a marathon of favor assembling the night before. We did hand dipped pretzel rods in chocolate and assorted candy toppings. They came out yummy! I hand stamped the favor tags and we packaged them away. I'll post more on the actual shower with pics later on in the week! So come back, oh and come back for that freebie too!

Tutorials Used:
Nursing Coverlette
Pacifier Clip
Baby Booties
Soft Blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment