Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Is it Spring yet?

Oye...sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Work has been kicking my butt lately and once I get home all I have the energy for is getting dinner on the table and putting my daughter down for bed. Then I sorta just zone out on the couch.

But its not my fault. I swear. For the longest time I always thought my exhaustion and fatigue were just your common full-time working Mama symptoms. But lately I've been really run down and it was starting to get difficult for me to get anything done. I'd sleep for 12 hours and then 2 hours later need to take a nap. And not just regular I'm a bit tired...like I can barely function tired. Sooo I decided I better go to my doctor. Turns out I have a very low Vitamin D levels which attributes to my fatigue. So my doc has me on very high dose of Vitamin D supplements to get my levels back up. I was doing a little Googling and found the best way to increase your Vitamin D is simple exposure to the sun. Which is kind of ironic because how am I supposed to do that when I am stuck in an office all day? I wonder if my doc could write me sick notes to "get my Vitamin D level up."

It doesn't help that the weather has been quite yucky here lately as well. It rained all weekend and we got some snow earlier this week. Granted its not like the 5-7 inches of snow that DC and other Northern states got but the bitter cold is enough to keep me inside. Oh March, I'm so ready for Spring...

Photo by an amazing young (16 yrs. old?!) photographer Eleanor Hardwick
I love her work...its very dreamlike.

No comments:

Post a Comment