Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mac & Cheese w/homemade bread crumbs

As mentioned in a previous post, bread sometimes goes forgotten in our house. Sadly, this is true for a recent loaf of bread. It was still salvageable, no mold yet but it was quite apparent no one wanted to eat it. So I used it to make homemade bread crumbs. To make your own, break your bread down into smaller pieces and sprinkle with oil and some seasonings. I used Italian seasoning, but I'm sure some salt and pepper would do fine too. Arrange on a baking sheet and toast in the oven @ 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until nice and toasty. Once the bread has cooled, throw into your food processor and viola! Instant bread crumbs. I used mine to top off some yummy homemade mac and cheese. Nom nom nom!

Isn't my giant cupcake cookie jar amazing?! It was my Mother's Day gift from Carmie...it has her sweet hand print on the bottom :)

2 comments:

rosalynreynoso said...

mmmm!! this looks so yummy! and your cupcake cookie jar is sooo adorable! =)

love said...

looks soo good...and i do love that cupcake jar!!!

Post a Comment