Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wedding: Children's Gifts



I wanted to make the children's gifts extra special since my daughter was going to be our flower girl. I tried to think of what I, as a mother, would want her to have. Something that wouldn't just become clutter and be forgotten. I wanted them to have something they could actually use but that was still personal.

Again, I referenced the lovely tutorials from thelongthread.com for these children's capes. They were a bit cumbersome to make since I was making 4 at one time. I felt like a factory worker pumping those capes out in time. It was my first project using an applique so I had to get the hang of the stitching since I just used a zig-zag stitch. The kids loved them, because really...what kid doesn't like being a super hero?

No comments:

Post a Comment